Subject: This must be an FAQ: disklabel?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/18/1998 01:39:34
I got my 5000/25 successfully netbooting from my Linux server this evening.
It comes up fine, and gives me a # prompt...but when I try to label the disk
in the machine, I get:

# disklabel -rwB /dev/rz0c rz25x
disklabel: partition c: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition f: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition g: partition extends past end of unit
	(so far, so good...)
# disklabel -r /dev/rz0c
disklabel: no disk label

Huh? I've tried different permutations of the first command, but the results
of trying to read the drive's label instead of the incore copy don't change.
How do I get the blasted thing to actually write to the disk?