Subject: C++ compiler wackyness.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: mjbedy <mjbedy@Oakland.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/12/1998 10:47:42
  Hi,

  I've got 1.3.2 installed on my 5000/125, and I am tring to compile a C++
program, but even hello world fails to compile cleanly. This is a problem
that has existed since 1.3-beta (i.e., it didn't just appear in 1.3.2.)

  I was getting some undefined symbol errors while linking, "tgoto",
"tput", and etc. After some sleuth work, I was able figure out that adding
-ltermcap to the compile command allowed it to finish compiling.
Unfortunately, the executable it creates immediatly seg faults.

  When I upgraded to 1.3.2 this time, I completely wiped out everything,
and started over fresh. I have since re-untared the comp.tgz and base.tgz
archives to attempt to fix the problem, but that didn't help. (I wasn't
really expecting it to.)

  SO, I have suped the current-gnu sources, and they are currently
compiling (slowly, oh so slowly).

  Basically, before I go installing current over stable, is there
something I've missed, or is there anything anbody suggests I check to see
what the matter is? I would appreciate any help I could get.

  Thanks,
    - Mike