Subject: Yeeeeeeeeeha
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Corwin <ecorwin@fas.harvard.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/28/1998 23:26:40
Thanks everybody, I got it to boot into netbsd (the miniroot only).  I only had
access to a sun sparcclassic as my helper machine (it was the only computer with
scsi that I could get inside of).  My disk was sdc on the machine so I used
fdisk to create the /dev/sdc3 partition for the whole disk.  I then gunzipped
the diskimage and "dd if=diskimage of=/dev/sdc3".  After plugging it into the
DecStation 5000/120 the command boot 3/rz4a/netbsd" did not work (it is scsi id
4) however "boot 3/rz4/netbsd" did work.  Perhaps somebody could add my
experiences to the installation guide (or I could if somebody would tell me
quite what to do) in order to help others who do not have access to another
working decstation or netbsd machine.  I still am in need of an aui to rj45
transciever.  Are they compatible with the mac transcievers?  Does anyone
know where in cambridge mass I could find one?

Thanks
--Eric