Subject: Re: DS 5000/120 install problem...
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/1998 20:25:45
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> You apprently failed to make correct NetBSD/pmax bootblock in your
> disks.
>
> As Simon points, go netboot-then-take standard installation way, or dd'ing
> diskimage on the target disk.

  Oops.  I see what I did.  The install guide says to:
gunzip -c diskimage.gz | dd of=/dev/whatever
  But I did:
gzip -c diskimage.gz | ...

  Not quite the same thing.  I added the -d and it works fine now.

  One other thing, though, with sysinst: I need to fetch the distribution
files through a ftp proxy, however sysinst wouldn't let me use an @ in the
username.  I'm just ftping it first outside sysinst, but it would be nice
if it would let you use a proxy.

  Oh well, at least it's working now :).  Thanks for all your help!

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net