Subject: DS 5000/120 install problem...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/1998 00:24:40
  I have a DS 5000/120 that was running Ultrix until its disks were
fried.  I tried writing a disklabel to a Quantum LPS540S that I had
laying around, but when I tried to boot, it said (bb rd) or something like
that.  I also tried it on an old IBM drive, but that showed the same
error message.

1) Is this disk supported (did I do something else wrong)?

2) If not, would anyone who lives near Pittsburgh, Pa want a free diskless
machine (preferribly for at least some NetBSD development, but if I can't
get it to work easily, I mainly just want it gone).  It has a cdrom,
tape, floppy, mouse, pmag-b and a VR299 monitor.  The space key on the
keyboard is slightly broken (still works, just feels funny.  Probably
easy to fix).  All I ask is that you come and get it soon.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net