Subject: Re: 1.3.2 Installation Woes
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/1998 11:59:37
>Mixing memory modules is a no-no.   I have a 5000/240 which had 48MB of RAM
>in 32+8+8 configuration, and NetBSD choked with ECC errors, refused to
>boot sometimes, and was generally unhappy and unstable.  I pulled the 8MB
>modules and the machine works fine.

Hm. I said it's supposed to work, but then i only really tested it
with 32+8, or 32+32+8.  I beleive that worked for me, and I beleive it
worked for Simon.

We should really probe contiguous memory and attach it as one hunk,
and then doPMAP_NEW_NONCONTIG attaches of the remaining slots.

(I had planned to do this for the 5000/1xx, but the dratted PROMs
dont support mixing simm sizes.)