Subject: Re: PMAG-C and PMAG-D/E/F status
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/1998 21:48:08
On Jul  2,  8:22pm, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:
>
> > I need to get a monitor that works with the PMAG-C card I have before
> > I can make any further progress with it.
>
> I asked Jonathan this earlier, and I'll ask everyone else.
>
> Does someone know how, under Ultrix, I can find out what kind of monitor
> is in a machine? We have a bunch of Ultrix 4.2 machines which I'm pushing
> to move to NetBSD. I'd like to make sure the video cards will work, first,
> though.
>
> xdpyinfo will tell me what the current resolution is, and supported modes.
> But it doesn't say what video card it's using. :-(
>
> Suggestions?

  /etc/uerf -r 300

  This will display the devices configured during startup.  The fun part
is trying to identify the display device and map it to the video card.

                                        scc0 at ibus3
                                        fb0 at ibus0
                                        fb: Module type PMAGB-BA 1280X1024

  [This one's easy :-)]

                                        scc0 at ibus3
                                        px0 at ibus1
                                        pq0 (5x1 24+24+24+0 128KB)

  [This one isn't quite so easy.  I think this is a PMAG-E or PMAG-F.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant