Subject: Re: scsi id 6
To: <>
From: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de (Reinhold Huber)>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/1998 09:09:59
On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today I finished installing my 4th DECstation (one more to go) with 1.3.1.
> > This one has a SCSI HD (fireball 1G) at SCSI ID 6.  Although the disk was
> > visible by (the long-gone now) Ultrix and still is when I >>cnfg 5, /netbsd
> > refuses to see it, so I cannot use that disk!
>
> The current scsi framework on port-pmax has hard-coded device types per
> ID. ID's 5 and 6 were hardcoded as tape drives in 1.3(.1). I think either
> if you change the ID to something else (like 2, 3, or 4), or if you move
> to 1.3.2, which had all devices coded as disks by default, you'll be fine.
There's another possibility:
Compile a new kernel with changed hard-wiring:
- edit the devices in sys/arch/pmax/conf/scsi.pmax and in
  sys/arch/pmax/pmax/conf-glue.c. Be careful to edit the section for the
  asc driver, the sii driver only applies to the 2100/3100.
- compile it as usual.

Greetings,
Reinhold Huber