Subject: scsi id 6
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/02/1998 03:11:59
Hi all,

Today I finished installing my 4th DECstation (one more to go) with 1.3.1.
This one has a SCSI HD (fireball 1G) at SCSI ID 6.  Although the disk was
visible by (the long-gone now) Ultrix and still is when I >>cnfg 5, /netbsd
refuses to see it, so I cannot use that disk!

Now I've done sh MAKEDEV all and the rest, but nothing happened.  Still newfs
complains with:
newfs: /dev/rz6c: open: Device not configured

or:
newfs: /dev/rrz1c: open: Device not configured

The sysinst hack previously mentioned does not work since sysinst finds only
rz0 which is the standard DEC 426 Meg drive.

Any help?

--
Yiorgos Adamopoulos         -- #include <std/disclaimer.h>
adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr     -- Knowledge and Data Base Systems Laboratory, NTUA