Subject: DS5000/133 questions
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/1998 16:16:24
Well, I picked up a 5000/133 for dirt today (it's got 32 megs of RAM, a PMAG-BB,
and an RZ24, cost me $25...for anybody here from UMD, it used to be
dingdong.cs.umd.edu :) ). Now I have a few questions.

 - Are the SIMMS in here propriatary or can I use something I have laying
   around the house?
 - How is the PMAX port with using non-DEC drives? I know it's a
   stupid question, but I'm just starting w/ this architecture. Can I
   use a seagate barracuda for instance?
 - Is the PMAGB-B supported? The INSTALL for 1.3.2 makes note of the
   PMAG-DV, PMAG-BA, PMAGB-BA (is this the same as PMAGB-B?), and PMAG-AA.
 - What should this machine compare to speed-wise for a workstation running
   X?

Thanks

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Senior Operations Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |