Subject: Re: NFS boot problems
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/29/1998 21:17:12
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	Random ideas:
>
> 	Have you tried exactly the same kernel as him

Yes

> 	Is the IP address of the Decstation on the same net as the
> 	booting machine (and in fact really close enough that any
> 	oddity with netmasks will leave it on the same net).

Yes

> 	Are you using a different netmask to the 'default' ' for your
> 	net (assuming old 'classfull' networking).

My netmask is OK, but I cannot see how this should make any difference
even if it wasn't; it is good enough to load the kernel, and since the
next packet should be a bootp broadcast, asking for its IP address etc. I
should see it anyhow.

*sigh* I guess I have to set up a cross build environment so I can
sprinkle the kernel with printf, to see what it is doing...

   /Krister