Subject: Re: NFS boot problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/1998 21:00:32
I'm still having problem netbooting my Decstation 5000/20...

Richard van den Berg has the same PROM version etc., and has been
nice enough to send me a tcpdump of his system netbooting, and it is
really interesting. Our pmaxes does exactly the same things, including
the tftp error in the end of kernel loading (observe that there is a
bug in our tftpd that says "success" in the log even if the computer
fetching the file sends an error packet. I'll fix that soon.) But my
machine stays quiet, while his sends a bootprequest to get the nfs
file handle...

I have two pmaxes, and they gives the same result, so I don't think
it is faulty hardware, and I have tried a couple of kernels (1.2 and
1.3.x) with the same result...

Any suggestions what I should try now?

   /Krister