Subject: CDROM support
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Callaghan <pcallagh@medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/1998 15:41:05
Hi
        I recently loaded NetBSD onto a spare drive on my decstation
5000/25, which normally runs Ultrix. I've setup netbsd on macs and sparcs
before and found it to be really good. When I tried the pmax Netbsd (1.3), I
had lots of problems. I did get it going in the end, but I was not able to
mount my cdrom drive. The problem appeared to be that there was no device
for a cdrom, and looking at the MAKEDEV script seemed to show that it was
not yet supported. I tried the usual mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/rz6a /cdrom,
but I just would not work. The cdrom is fine, as I can mount cd's from
ultrix (but with no support for rock ridge extensions, getting files off it
is a pain). I can mount other scsi drives with no problems too, on bsd and
ultrix. Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks

Paul
Paul Callaghan
Dept of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology
Faculty of Medicine
University of Adelaide
North Tce, 5005
Adelaide, Australia