Subject: Re: Adding Disk Drives to NetBSD
To: Marcel Chukwunenye <moc@mlb.semi.harris.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/26/1998 09:16:23
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:40:24 EDT  Marcel Chukwunenye wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I would like to add a 2.1GB drives to my NetBSD systems.
>
> How can I format and partition the drive under NetBSD?
>
> I am working with version 1.3.2. on a DEC 5000/200 and
> DEC 5000/240 systems.

If you just want to use the entire drive as one large partition, just
newfs the whole drive:

	newfs /dev/rrzXc

which X is the SCSI id of the new disk.  Note that you make have to make
the device entries in /dev for the disk.  If you, type:

	cd /dev
	./MAKEDEV rzX

again, where X is the SCSI id of the disk.

Anything more fancy will involve playing around with the disklabel
command.  There are some examples of how to use the command in the man
page.

Simon.