Subject: Re: LoFI (DEcaudio) documentation?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/18/1998 15:28:44
Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >It would be
> >really clever if the DSP code could be cooked up to do automatic mixing
> >of multiple writers to /dev/audio.  :)
>
> Yes, it would, but I'm not going to cut the DSP code to do it :->.

  Actually, the DSP code for that likely wouldn't be that bad.  A first
crack could easily be done with computing a scaling factor and then sitting in
a loop with a MAC instruction.  It's not trivial but not really scary either.
  No, I'm not volunteering.  I don't have the hardware.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/