Subject: Re: NFS boot problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/16/1998 19:44:59
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

> I tried tcpdump to see what my pmax was doing, and now I'm confused.
> It doesn't send any packet at all after it has loaded the kernel.
> And the last packet it sends is always an TFTP error packet (if I have
> managed to parse the tftpdump output correctly) but my tftp deamon
> writes "read request for //nfsnetbsd.ecoff: success" to syslogd...

I have now read the TFTP rfc and I think I know what is happening.

After receiving 895 kbytes, my pmax sends the error code 3, which means
"Disk full or allocation exceeded." So it looks like I need to shrink
nfsnetbsd.ecoff by 100 kbytes... Is this possible? If so, does anyone
like to compile such a kernel for me? (for a Decstation 5000/20)

   /Krister