Subject: Re: NFS boot problems
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/15/1998 22:55:44
   I've got a Decstation 5000/20 that I want to boot NetBSD 1.3.2 via NFS.
   My problem is that it hangs after writing

      [...]

      asc0 at asic0 offset 0x300000 priotity 3: target 7
      xcfb0 at tc0 slot 2 offset 0x0 (1024x768x8) (console)
      Beginning old-style SCSI device autoconfiguration

   Does this mean that the SCSI device autoconfiguration fails, or
   may it be something other (like not beeing able to connect to
   the NFS server?)

are you sure you have correct device nodes (in particular, /dev/console)
on the server?  the final message is normal and ``correct'' for the pmax
port (which uses a hacked together interface between the old and new scsi
autoconf code, and *really* *REALLY* needs to die) for now.

otherwise, i don't know.