Subject: Re: mozilla, motif, and binutils 2.9
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/08/1998 21:23:50
On Apr 19,  5:14pm, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Simon Burge reports that the 2.8 binutils ld loses on mozilla with
> Motif (rather than lesstif). Has anyone tried ld from binutils 2.9?

  It doesn't seem to work any better with lesstif, and neither does
the ld from binutils 2.9.1.

> It'd be nice to know so we can report it and hopefully get it fixed
> for 2.9.1. :)

  It's too late for 2.9.1 now :-) :-)

> I cant try it since I don't have Motif myself, but I could make
> precompiled ld binaries available if it'd help.

  I was able to build moz-export (but haven't tried running it
yet), but ld seg faults on mozilla-export.  A stack traceback
on the corefile shows it's in one of the bfd routines.  I'm going
to try to determine a more precise location/reason for the seg
fault.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu