Subject: Re: zip drives and pmaxes
To: Christopher Preston <C.Preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
From: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/20/1998 11:44:36
Christopher Preston wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this has been covered before. I was wondering if
> it possible to access a scsi zip drive if it is connected to a pmax?
>
> cheers,
> Chris.

 Yes, and they work quite well.  You'll need to delete/change the tz
entries in conf-glue.c of the kernel source and then build a new kernel
so that it recognizes ID 5 as a rz device ie; rz5, rather than tz0 or tz1.

It's real easy to do, and then you can disklabel it,  install a boot block
and treat it like any other hard drive.  I use my zip to install/upgrade
my pmax boxes all the time.  It's nice to have a machine that will go
full muti-user off a 100mb zip disk.  Makes a great recovery disk
also.

I've got a working disktab entry if you need it.

Bill

--
Bill Harris
Internet America (Systems)