Subject: mips UVM -- Re: mindless boredom, speed and compiling kernels
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/20/1998 09:30:32
On Tue, 19 May 1998 10:38:05 -0600
     mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) wrote:

>>   UVM stable?  How about when it even runs?  [I can boot it, but as soon
>> as it runs out of free memory and the page daemon starts to run, it hangs.
>> The page daemon seems to hang trying to do I/O.]

Um, I've heard differently.  I'll talk with the guy who's making a
progress with his machine.

In article <199805191733.KAA19444@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>
	thorpej@nas.nasa.gov wrote

> I suspect these problems are due to bugs in the MIPS pmap, or other
> MIPS-specific code.
>
> Someone really ought to port the NetBSD/alpha pmap to the MIPS... :-)

This sounds very interesting.  What's the benefit we can expect for
MIPS?  I've a little information other than overcoming "maxusers woe."

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology