Subject: Re: Kernel debugger?
To: Ove/Peter Fors <ovef@pophost1.interact.se>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/15/1998 10:54:28
On Tue, 07 Apr 1998 19:44:33 +0200  Ove/Peter Fors wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've got a problem: At our computer club a member found an interesting hole
> in our security. He pressed a key called "Utför" (swedish keyboard - "Do"?)
> and immediately some sort of kernel debugger appeared. This is obviously a
> tremendous security problem to us. What do I need to do to remove this
> feature? I have no experience at all of compiling a new kernel (we've been
> using the generic kernel all the time (NetBSD 1.3.1)).

Some people have aleady replied to this (remove the DDB option from your
kernel config file).

> Secondly: We use a
> Decstation 5000/240 as our main server, and thus we need to have a few hard
> drives connected to it, but it seems (at least with earlier versions of
> NetBSD) that you can't have SCSI IDs >4 for hard drives. How do I fix this?

This is fixed in -current as of a week or so ago, and the upcoming 1.3.2
release includes the fix.  I can give you patches for this if you don't
want to wait or you don't want to upgrade to -current.

> BTW: Has anyone succeeded in porting mozilla to pmax yet?

Not quite :)  I can get mozilla to compile, but I'm having problems
getting it to link. `ld' is having real problems, and I haven't had a
chance to track them down.

Simon.