Subject: Re: PMAG-C support....
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/13/1998 12:14:23
Hi, Aaron.

>> It would make you much happier to obtain a decent "multi-sync PC
>> monitor"  with BNC connectors behind it.  High end PC monitors take two
>> inputs with BNC and HD Dsub15.  You could use them interchangably
>> between PCs and DECstations, and save space/electoricity/what-so-ever.
>
> True, but high-end PC monitors are terribly expensive, and don't most
> PC-style monitors with BNC connectors expect their sync signals on
> separate lines?

Uh, I don't have 100% cerntainty.  I'm not a video circuitry guru.

I have a "SONY MultiScan 17se II" here, which came with WinNT server
and has HD Dsub15 and 5 BNC connectors behind it just like other a
pile of WS grade SONY OEM "GDM-brahbrah" monitors.  I could hook and
use the 17se fairly with Personal DECstation (builtin PMAG-DV and
optinal PMAGB-BA) and DEC3000 (builtin PMAGB-BA) _leaving_ HD/VD
connectors off.

I don't know whether it's possible to use DB15-only PC monitors with
DECstations.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology