Subject: Re: Upgrading
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/01/1998 09:22:29
Hi.

> I'd like to ask a couple of questions then, so I can get busy upgrading.
> First, if I don't intend to netboot at all, can someone give me the
> *exact* name of the kernel image I should unpack in the root dir?

"netbsd.gz" in NetBSD-1.3-1/binary/kernel directory.  Gunzip and place it
into root directory.

> The way I *think* I understand it, I
> need ecoff if I intend to netboot, but I can use and elf-linked kernel
> if I will have the kernel on the local system ... is that right?

Unfortunately, no.  Current implementation of NetBSD/pmax kernel loader
requires a.out kernel image.  If ELF kernel image was specified, the
loader would complain and refuse to proceed.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology