Subject: 1.3-1.3.1.diff (was Re: Couple of questions )
To: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/30/1998 12:00:39
In message <35489BB8.3EE40E23@airmail.net>, Bill Harris writes:
>Question, where is the kernel source for 1.3.1?  I found
>a diff patch for pmax 1.3 to 1.3.1 but it looked like it
>was for the whole source tree.  Is there a 1.3.1 kernel
>tarball somewhere on ftp.netbsd.org?  If not, where/what
>is the proper method to have a valid 1.3.1 kernel source
>tree.  I'm a bit nervous running with the default kernel
>and the default NKNMEMCLUSTERS setting so low.

There isn't a 1.3.1 source other than the diff you mentioned.
You can, however, use that diff (which really isn't too big
in terms of file size), to patch your 1.3 kernel source even
if you don't have a full source tree on your machine.

use the following:

cd /usr/src
gunzip -cd netbsd-1.3-1.3.1.diff.gz | patch -f -p1

-f means don't worry about trying to patch the files
you're misssing from the complete tree

-p1 means get rid of the first part of the file name
(the 1.3.1 part) in the diff file.

That seems to work fine.

This is what was suggested to me by Feico Dillema.

-- Dan