Subject: C++ linking problems?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mjbedy <mjbedy@Oakland.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/24/1998 12:55:14
  Hi, all:

   I have NetBSD 1.3.1, installed with sysinst, and I have recently had
the following problem:

   I was going to write something in C++, but recalling the problems in
1.3 with the C++ compiler, I tried to write Hello World first:

#include <iostream.h>

main(){

		cout << "Hello World" << endl;
}

   Compiling gets me a bunch of errors having to do with libcurses. it
can't find functions like 'tgets'and similar functions.

   If you need the specific output of g++, I can provide it later. I guess
I should probably do a g++ -v and see what happens.

   Any ideas? (My strong point is not linker debugging, if you couldn't
tell.)

  Thanks,
     -- Mike