Subject: Re: Memorybroblems... not!
To: Kim G. S. OEyhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/23/1998 13:32:58
On Apr 21,  9:57am, Kim G. S. OEyhus wrote:
> I recompiled "primes" by simply typing "make" in its directory.
> This version of "primes"was 10% larger, and never crashed!
> Definitely weird. There is a difference in the executable code
> between those prime programs. Is there someone who knows the
> difference in compilation, or a way of examining the executable?

  After the make, the executable will have symbols - the executable from
the distribution will be stripped.  This could account for the difference
in size [if the size you refer to is the size given by 'ls -l' instead of
the output of the 'size' command].

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu