Subject: Re: kn01_intr_establish in sys/dev/tc/if_le_ibus.c
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/20/1998 14:49:47
On Sun, Apr 19, 1998 at 01:58:14PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >Is ...dev/tc/if_le_ibus.c supposed to be updated since rev. 1.8 of
> >12 Jan 1998 ?
>
> Yes, it's updated, but it won't show up until tomorrow's sup.
>
> I've put a copy of the source file in
>      ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/tmpsrc/if_le_ibus.c
> for anyone who wants it in the meantime.

Thank you, Jonathan -- using the if_le_ibus.c and tcvars.h
from that directory gave a compilable and runnable kernel
once again.

I had to make a complete rebuild, after a kernel built with
the updated sources, but no make clean, hosed my file systems
enough to warrant a fsck -y :-( (I don't understand why make
depend did not catch this problem, but I really don't care
anymore).

Now, I'm running with this kernel, and it seems to work well.

- Erik

ps: the probe messages for kn01bus and ibus appear on the same
line, maybe you're missing a newline:

cpu0 at mainbus0: MIPS R3000 CPU Rev. 2.0 with MIPS R3010 FPC Rev. 2.0
        L1 cache: 64kb Instruction, 64kb Data.
kn01bus0 at mainbus0ibus0 at kn01bus0
pm0 at ibus0 (1024x864x1) (console)
dc0 at ibus0
le0 at ibus0: address 08:00:2b:23:c4:89
le0: 32 receive buffers, 8 transmit buffers
sii0 at ibus0
mcclock0 at ibus0: mc146818 or compatible
autconfiguration done, spl back to 0x0