Subject: Re: ncftp?
To: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se>
From: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1998 20:19:40
On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Jorgen Pehrson wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to compile ncftp on my decstation5000/200 but it won't
> work. I have ncurses-4.2 installed and are compiling ncftp-2.4.3. The
> compilation is successful but when I try to run ncftp it dumps with a
> segmentation fault. Any known problems w/ ncftp & pmax? Is there a
> precompiled ncftp pmax binary somwhere?

I had some trouble compiling a dynamically linked version prior to the new
ld.so coming out.  Compile it static, and you should not have a problem.

Failing that, I have a netbsd/pmax binary I'd be willing to make available
(ncftp 2.4.2).  I built it way back in 1.2 somewhere, and have not had any
problems with it.

-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-Member, Programmers Local 1036--AFL-CPIO.
-Join the fight.  http://www.cauce.org