Subject: Re: problem with fsck_ffs
To: None <frueauf@ira.uka.de>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1998 17:07:44
Thorsten Frueaf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de> writes:

>Hello!

>> >My DS 3100 running current from 14.04.1998 had a lockup while I did
>--------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> How recent is your fsck_ffs binary? Is it 1.3, 1.3.1, or -current?

>As I already wrote its current. I explicitly rebuild fsck and fsck_ffs
>with -g from those sources to get more out of the core via gdb.

I noticed the symbols, I just wasnt sure if "running current" meant
just the kernel or the userland too.

It sounded like the first reboot after installing -current failed; at
that point you should be running a -current kernel and the earlier
(1.3, 1.3.1, older -current) userland.

>Maybe, but it was not that often the case that I actually need fsck.
>Normaly my machines are very stable and don't panic that way. So maybe
>others havn't run inot this yet.

mm, I make a point of doing an fsck -f of a couple of partitions
when I upgrade a kernel...