Subject: Re: problem with fsck_ffs
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1998 12:45:17
Hello!

--------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> i don't recall anything like this on current-users on other platforms
> so I'm guessing its' pmax-speecific.

Maybe, but it was not that often the case that I actually need fsck.
Normaly my machines are very stable and don't panic that way. So maybe
others havn't run inot this yet.

> How recent is your fsck_ffs binary? Is it 1.3, 1.3.1, or -current?

As I already wrote its current. I explicitly rebuild fsck and fsck_ffs
with -g from those sources to get more out of the core via gdb.

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/