Subject: Re: Memory?
To: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@iq.pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Dr. John Refling <refling@comet.lbl.gov>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/17/1998 21:18:46
I have a 5000/200 which has internal compiler errors, and probably
all the other failures that you mentioned below.  I have swapped memory
over and over with no change.  I moved the boot disk to a 5000/125 and
the compiler worked ok.  I think it must be a problem in the kernel,
although Jonathan Stone has suggested a faulty motherboard or cache memory.
I won't be able to test this theory for a week.