Subject: Re: Illegal request
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/16/1998 14:33:52
On Apr 14, 12:12pm, Greg Wohletz wrote:
> >saw your message (below) on this list only today. About a month or so I
> >asked the same thing - answers were in the range:
> >
> > - check cables
> > - check termination
> > - replace the board
> >
> >But I feel it is more a software problem.
> >I have changed cables/terminators and one of my disks, but the
> >problem remains.

  My guess is that the problem shows up with newer, faster drives and is
partially hardware.  I have a 5000/200 I can test with, but I don't have
any fast disks for it, and if the problem does show up with fast disks, I
will probably have trouble reproducing it.  [If I can reliably reproduce
problems like this, I can usually solve them quite quickly.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant