Subject: Re: CDROM oddity :-)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Dr. John Refling <refling@comet.lbl.gov>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/15/1998 11:01:59
Yeah, it works for a while.  I can mount it, descend into the directory
structure, look at several files, etc.

When I burn CDROMs, I create a checksum list and I verify each file.  There
really is 650MB of data on it, and it is in this massive data read from the
CDROM that the system gives up the ghost and rolls over in silence.

It fails at different places at different times (often over half way thru)
with the same disc.

This is on the 5000/200, which has other problems.  When I moved the boot
disk to a 5000/125, many of those problems went away, although I don't
remember if I tested the CDROM.  The problems did go away using a non RRD42.

I can test more things in a week or so.