Subject: CDROM oddity :-)
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mjbedy <mjbedy@Oakland.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/05/1998 19:46:48
  Oh, yeah. One other odd thing that happened to me:

  I finally got ahold of a caddy, so I started to play with the cdrom. I
mounted something, unmounted it, and then just for fun (and to see what
speed it was) I did

  dd if=/dev/rz4a of=/dev/null

  I did this a couple times (I was basically amused that I had a singel
speed CD-ROM - it says it's an RRD42, or something similar to that - I'm
not sitting next to it right now.) Suddenly, BOOM, the system rebooted.
I'll see if a can reproduce it later. I have the kernal sources, so I can
compile a new one if need be - is there a way to get it to drop into a
debug mode instead of rebooting if Something Bad happens?

  Also, does the current SCSI driver support reading audio CD info? I
found lotsa docs on the MI version of the drivers, but noting on the
version used in the pmax. I miss being able to snatch sound effects off of
a CD. My current IDE drive on my PC won't do it...

  Thanks again!
    - Mike