Subject: RE: Lesstif on pmax
To: 'Simon Burge' <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/01/1998 14:14:35
Hi.

Just back from "Decus Norge" conference and ready to continue...

>>[Snip: can't find a lib for lesstif]
>
> Just a guess (Jonathan can probably clear this up a little - he's sort
> of been looking at how well pmaxs and pkgs work together), but do you
> have a link from libXm.so.0.82 to libXm.so.0?  Look at the structure
> in (say) /usr/X11R6/lib, and try to make the lesstif libraries look
> similar.
>
> [snip: examples]

This is how it looks now in my /usr/local/lib (where the make procedure
have placed the libs)

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       28 Mar 27 20:42 libXm.so ->
/usr/local/lib/libXm.so.0.82
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6260928 Mar 27 20:42 libXm.so.0.82

But the libXm.so is not in the list "ldconfig -p" produces; here only
libXm.so.0.82 is listed.

By using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/lib,
things seemed to work.

I got mwm started, but I am not too impressed yet. I only have a
monochrome pmax, everything got white. I assume that by reading some
documentation on mwm, I can change this.

Also I got a 21" color monitor for my pmax by a guy at Decus, so I only
have to get a framebuffer for it, then things will change.

Harald.