Subject: Re: 1.3 reports no clock on 5000/125
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/13/1998 11:39:09
Hi.

> I'm in the process of upgrading our 5000/125's to 1.3, and it's saying
> something about "clock needs to be on mainboard" then panics no clock..
>
> Any ideas?

It sounds much like kernel configuration problem, but I got a bit
confused hearing it because you uses DS5000/125.

NetBSD/pmax 1.3 release had kernel configuration file trouble for
5000/200 model.  The issue was spotted and 'has been fixed' for
forthcoming 1.3.1 release.  Your DS5000/125 symptom is supposed
similar to it, but I can see any reason why.

Could you show me your kernel's configuration file content, especially
around how clock0 is attach with a parent device node?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology