Subject: Re: Maybe a stupid question about SCSI.
To: mjbedy <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/11/1998 13:10:40
Hi Mike,

----------
> From: mjbedy <mjbedy@Oakland.edu>
> To: port-pmax@netbsd.org
> Subject: Maybe a stupid question about SCSI.
> Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 12:25 PM
>
>   I've got what is quite possible a stupid question about SCSI:
No.

>   Is the connector on the back of the DS5000\125 a 'standard' connector
of
> some sort?
Yes, kind of standard. ;-))

> I have a 300 meg external SCSI drive that I would like to hook
> up, but I don't have much experience with SCSI (read: none.)

Check for your SCSI, before you hook it up. after boot, check with "cnfg 3"
it you can see this harddrive. Don't forget, that you need to terminate the
SCSI after the Harddisk.

>   Basically: Where do I get a cable to hook this up?

where you want. most computer stores have this. it is the same as for the
PC stuff (adaptec 2940 ...)

cheers,
emanuel