Subject: Missing header files
To: port-pmax@netbsd.org <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Mohr <rmohr@triax.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/10/1998 22:51:03
It has come to my attention that the NetBSD 1.3 distribution is missing
some of the standard GNU C header files.  I've been trying to get to the
point at which I can help Karl Maftoum (k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au)
with the port of DOOM he has been doing for the pmax.  During the make
process I have found that the following header files are missing from the
system:

errnos.h
values.h
alloca.h
features.h

Karl indicated that all of these headers are part of the standard GNU C
distribution and should be part of the NetBSD distribution.  Karl has sent
me copies of values.h and alloca.h which he copied over from his Linux
system.  Each time I add a missing file it uncovers yet another missing
header.

I am wondering if the best course of action is to build and install GCC
2.8.0.  I wanted to make sure that there weren't any incompatibilities with
NetBSD before I went ahead and did so.

Does anyone know why the above mentioned headers are not included with the
distribution?  Thanks for whatever help you can provide,

Rob Mohr