Subject: Re: maxusers > 64
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/09/1998 15:32:19
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> In either files.mips or files.pmax, you'll see that maxusers has an
> upper bound.  Basically, maxusers > 64 isn't really all that much more
> effective.

So, does maxusers actually have any effect on the maximum number of users
the system can support?  In other words, if I expect to have more than 64
users log onto the system concurrently, do I need to set maxusers to more
than 64, or can I get away with setting pseudo-device pty to a big number,
and leave it at that?

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...