Subject: New mips ld.so available [was: Re: *wm* no longer crashes]
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG, port-mips@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/06/1998 10:25:18
On Mar  5, 10:15pm, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I think between us, Michael Hitch and I have figured out what's going
> wrong in ld.so.  No estimate yet on when it'll be fixed, though.
>
> If it's as simple as updating the ld.so binary I'll consider shipping
> an updated binary with 1.3.1, or at least as a replacement.
>
> In the meantime, I've put a tarfile with copy of Dan's relinked twm
> in  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/gnumalloc-fix/x11.tgz.
> Use at your own risk, etc.

  I now have an updated ld.so available for testing which should fix the
problem with multiple function definitions in shared libraries.  I have
tested this with a simple test program as well as with resize which
previously crashed.  My twm seems quite stable as well.  I've put a
tarfile with the updated ld.so for anyone who would like to test in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/gnumalloc-fix/ld.so.tgz.

  Be very sure to make a copy of the current /usr/libexec/ld.so just
in case this new one has problems I haven't stumbled across yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant