Subject: netatalk with NetBSD/pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/04/1998 21:31:08
Has anybody else out there tried to get netatalk to work on a pmax?  I
downloaded the source at ftp.netbsd.org, and I compiled a pmax kernel with
options NETATALK in it, and everything seemed to go just fine.  However,
atalkd claims that it can't get config information from any other routers,
and then everything else bombs out because it can't register appletalk
names.

nbprgstr generates errors of the form:
nbp_rgstr: No buffer space available

This error is coming from a sendto at line 101 in
netatalk/nbp/nbp_rgstr.c:

sendto(s, nbp_send, data - nbp_send, 0, (struct sockaddr *)&to,
	sizeof(struct sockaddr_at));

(data - nbp_send) is 23.
to is all zeroes, except that to.sat_len = 16, to.sat_family = 16, and
to.sat_port = 2.

I'm trying to track this further, but I was wondering if anybody out there
in netland had a simple, quick sort of an answer for me.

Chris

Chris Jones                                      cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...