Subject: Re: Shared Libraries under NetBSD/pmax
To: None <rmohr@triax.com>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/03/1998 13:59:06
    [ ... how to add new library path to runtime ld in NetBSD/pmax ... ]

> It doesn't appear that the -m option is valid for ldconfig under NetBSD
> 1.3/pmax.  The usage listing is:
>
> usage:  ldconfig [-DvnNX] dir ...
>        ldconfig -l [-Dv] lib ...
>        ldconfig -p
>
> At least one person has said that they didn't think shared libraries were
> working under NetBSD 1.3/pmax.  This seems to be contrary to what I have
> found in the archives about shared library support.  Anyone out there have
> the definitive answer on this?

NetBSD/pmax shared libraries run well.

Have an environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH and try again;

         LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/lib

There are known inconsistencies between ldconfig, ldd and ld.so
runtime behaviors.  I think it must be improved for user's sake.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Insta