Subject: Re: Problems configuring SCSI disks
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/11/1998 17:14:26
>What's really involved in moving to MI SCSI?  At a _very_ quick glance,
>it looks like the Alpha uses the MI stuff and also support PMAZ cards,
>so there's going to be a lot of stuff to work from.  You're right - it's
>been talked about for a while now :)

The TC Alphas use a tcds chip which provides two SCSI buses (one for
disks and one supposeldy dedicated for a multimedia CD-ROM).

Which is completely different from the ioasic and associated DMA
hardware on the TC Decstations....  I havent looked but I wonder if
the Alpha TC PMAZ (PMAZ-C?) support uses real DMA rather than the
onboard SRAM hardware-bounce-buffer on the PMAZ-A.