Subject: RE: [Q] Honda Hoot...
To: Paul Bickford <bickford@jimmy.harvard.edu>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/09/1998 12:09:50
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Paul Bickford wrote:
> ObNetBSD: I've finally got my DS3100 running 1.3. Can anyone point me to a
> source for *cheap* SCSI drives? I have 13 (!!) more DS3100's I'd like to
> get up and running as cheaply as possible.

My tests show that NFS is faster than local disks for the 3100.  (Given a
sufficiently slow NFS server the opposite is also true.)

Run them diskless.

I've got a bunch of 'em racked up running like that.  (I do have local
disk for swap and data but its not necessary.)

If you just want to use 'em as Xterminals this is probably the way to go
anyway.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/