Subject: Net boot
To: 'pmax' <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Parkinson Tony <ParkinsonT@plcbrk.siemens.co.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/09/1998 15:47:00
Hi all

I have a 5000/240 which in the absence of a useable disk I have been
booting from a Sun. I decided to upgrade the kernel to the latest 1.3
version. The system now fails to boot, it executes the kernel OK but
then fails to mount root. I enter as before root device le0 dump none
and filesystem nfs.

The system responds with

nfs_boot trying BOOTP/DHCP -  it used to say trying RARP (and
RPC/Bootparam)

it then recognises ip address domain gateway etc

next line nfs_boot getfh - no pathname

	cannot mount root, error 5

i have grabbed the notes and checked on the website but can't find any
instructions for setting up the bootp/dhcp service as mentioned in the
notes.

help

Thanks

Tony Parkinson