Subject: G++ Problems...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Fritzler <afritz@iname.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/08/1998 19:58:35
I'm attempting to compile this with g++:

        int main(){return(0);}

(Well, not that, but that doesn't compile either and it should.  This fault
is keeping me from using g++ at all...[configure dies saying my g++ can't
generate executables].  The same one-liner compiles fine with gcc, but not g++.)

When I do `g++ -o ctest ctest.C`, it gives:

/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tgoto'
/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `__vt$8stdiobuf'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `__vt$7filebuf'
/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tputs'
/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tgetent'
/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2: undefined reference to `tgetstr'

This is on a 1.3_BETA where the above files are dated 27 Dec 1997.  I've
tried upgrading just the comp.tgz set to 1.3 final with no help.

I can get rid of the libcurses errors by linking in termlib.  Is there a bug
with libstdc++ with this version?  Does everyone except me already know
about this?  Is there some other lib I should link in to get rid of these?

Thanks,
Adam
(  Adam Fritzler   afritz@iname.com                            )
	           http://afritz.base.org/