Subject: Re: Threads & NetBSD 1.3/pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/04/1998 18:05:17
Hi.

>> Has anyone ported mit-pthreads to the pmax platform
>> yet.  I've seen the port in pkgsrc, but it appears to only
>> have been deployed on i386.
>>
>> My desire is to get Mysql running on NetBSD/pmax
>> but it requires a thread package and it seems to favor
>> the mit-pthreads.

There is another implementation of portable thread library made by a
Japanese.   It's the output of the creator's master thesis several
years ago, and it's still maintained by him.  I've once seen the
demo, and got pretty impressed.

It runs on NetBSD/i386, SunOS 4.1/sparc, HP-UX/parisc, and NEWS-OS4
(R4000 4.3BSD derivative once made by SONY).

It might be valuable for you to take and look at his codes.

	ftp://ftp.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/pub/PTL/PTL2/

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology