Subject: Re: need Emacs...
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/03/1998 13:34:36
>NetBSD/Alpha actually has a different file format than NetBSD/pmax -
>the Alpha uses 64-bit ELF, not 32-bit ELF.   The differences are not
>large, but they're apparently enough so that unexec doesn't work.
>Sigh.

Also .lit4 and .lit8.  Look at unexelf.c and unexsgi.c: one has suport
for SONY news with ELF, and the other has support for IRIX.
There's also some munging the debug information section, too.

I can't figure out what the differences are, ``right'' thing to do is,
and I dont really have time anymore.

Maybe #ifdef'ing the current unexalpha.c to be compilable for either
32-bit elf or 64-bit elf would be a better start?