Subject: Re: 1.3 and PMAG-A
To: None <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/01/1998 20:09:55
>From: "Matthew Schnierle" <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
>
>Is there any support for a PMAG-A in 1.3?
>
>Boot output reports it as a mfb.  Using the mfb server just does not work.
>Using the cfb server results in a quasi-usable display, but the head on this
>particular machine (5000/120) is one of those greyscale dec monsters
>(VR319-DA).  The web page makes no mention of it, and I'm not entirely sure
>just what the heck a PMAG-A is....

The PMAG-A is supported in 1.3, but a bit buggy.

You should be using the cfb server; the mfb server doesn't work (and
shouldn't work).  The PMAG-A is an "mfb" turbochannel card, but the
"mfb" X server is for the monochrome frame buffer in the 2100/3100
machines.  Confusing, isn't it?

I'm not sure precisely what you mean by "quasi-usable", but for some
known bugs (and a patch to fix them, which has been integrated into
-current) please see:

http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-full-pr?4724

If you have problems that aren't addressed by this patch, please let
me know, with as much detail as possible so I can try to reproduce
your problem.

Cheers,
entropy