Subject: Re: disklabel trouble on a pmax(pmin?)
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: James O'Kane <jo2y+@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/01/1998 17:37:21
>This sounds to me more like you've written a (bad) disklabel onto the
>disk.  Sysinst uses disk-label info from the kernel;. The kernel in
>turn looks for a special label (the same one as in the diskimage) at
>boot, and if it finds the diskimage diskabel, the SCSI driver ignores
>the diskimage label (which is for a fake VND virtual-disk) and returns
>a label that it `fakes up' from the real disk geometry as reported by
>the SCSI drive.

This is exactly what I did. My question, and I just realized that the
message was waiting in my queue, is how do I overwrite the disklabel info?
In linux I would use /dev/sda which refers to the whole drive, is there
something similar in BSD?

Is there a good listing of man pages, and docs on the web? What I've found
has been lacking.

-james